Friday, October 10, 2014

Little Quilts Swap - My Very Own Cocktail Shakers!

Ooooooh!! Check it out, my gorgeous mini quilt was waiting here for me when we arrived home from Italy last Saturday (yes, we were in Italy! I tried posting remotely using my phone but it just wouldn't work - stay tuned for pics and stories coming soon).

Cocktail Shakers by Nedra

I think it's so much fun that my secret (maker) partner made the same pattern for me as I made for my secret (recipient) partner!  Also, I didn't know Nedra prior to this swap, so thank you Amy and Sarah for introducing me to a new friend and fabulous quilter. 

Cocktail Shakers by Nedra

Nedra did an amazing job of piecing this mini with lovely shot cottons, as in Amy's pattern. I love the colours and the variegated quilting thread. This little number is going to hang in my sewing room where I can enjoy it daily. Thank you so much Nedra!

I've still got the Shaken, Not Stirred runner here. I'm almost finished a little extra I wanted to include for my partner and then I can pop it in the mail!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

This is great and how funny you got the same design your made to send. Very fun.

Dianne said...

A beautiful quilt to grace your sewing studio! Synchronicity is awesome isn't it? Funny how the universe works.

Charlotte said...

it's so lovely - the colours are beautiful!

Canadian Abroad said...

I echo everyone else - beautiful colours. Can't wait to read your trip recap. Following your daily adventures on IG was great.

Svetlana said...

what a lovely mini, such a perfect combo of colors and quilting. Just lovely.

LethargicLass said...

a lovely one to receive!

Carla said...

Very nice! Looking forward to more pics of Italy

Indianna said...

I love the fabric, such a good book.

Nedra said...

Glad you like it! It's been great getting to know you through this Swap :)

Unknown said...

Wow - what a fabulous mini. Such lovely bold colours. :)